2018 is a new year of fresh starts, new beginnings, and new mistakes.
New Year’s resolutions are nine times out of ten meant to be followed for January and replaced with seasonal depression by February, and winter especially in a place like Canada, isn’t the best environment to start a year fresh with infinite energy to conquer the world.
Who knows what the average Toronto millennial will be freaking out about as they sip a ten dollar bubble tea, that they know will screw up their stomach on the 506 streetcar halfway to the station.
Here’s our best guess at 20 things millennials will stress over in 2018:
1) What the F*$#% is a Presto Card?
2) What low-income neighbourhood will the Hipsters invade this year?
3) Which TTC station/train/bus will be out of service this weekend?
4) When will this real-estate bubble pop?
5) How many times will I almost get run-over by someone in the bike lane on Bloor?
6) Will they finally come out with a dictionary for Toronto Slang?
7) How messed up will the city be if the Leafs win a Stanley Cup?
8) Is Drake going to drop a new album? Can the 6ix go back to Tdot?!
9) Will Wind mobile finally give me signal in my basement? (No I will not call it Freedom Mobile)
10) How ’bout them Hydro bills?
11) Will Lyft be cheaper than Uber?
12) Will the Gods hear us and exorcise the demon that is El Furniture Warehouse?
13) Can G98.7 FM get a better signal so that I can hear them in Scarborough?
14) Can the Raptors finally win big this year?
15) What the hell is a Bitcoin fam?
16) Can they hurry up and legalize weed? These dispensaries get sketchier every day!
17) Summer traffic gridlocks, over/under 1 a day?
18) Am I the only one who thinks there are way too many escorts and sex-workers out here?
19) Will Meghan Markle and the Prince host their wedding at Yonge and Dundas square?
20) Can I finally meet someone famous at TIFF for once?